(Italian; Roman, 1871–1958)
Dinamismo di un Cane al Guinzaglio, 1912
oil on canvas
overall: 37 5/8 x 45 1/2 x 2 5/8 inches (95.57 x 115.57 x 6.67 cm)
Bequest of A. Conger Goodyear and Gift of George F. Goodyear, 1964
- signature, dated/lower right, Balla 1912
- inscription/reverse of original canvas, before relining, CANE AL GUINZAGLIO / FUTUR BALLA / VIA OSLAVIA 39 / ROMA
- inscription/reverse, on cardboard backing, PITTOR BALLA / VIA OSLAVIA 39 ROMA / TITOLO CANE AL GUINZAGLIO
- Goodyear, A. Conger (Anson Conger), 1938–1964 (purchased from the artist, 1938; bequeathed jointly to his son, George F. Goodyear, life interest, and Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 1964)
- Goodyear, George F., 1964–December 1984 (inherited life interest from his father, A. Conger Goodyear, 1964; gift of life interest to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, December 1984)
The museum is closed. Please visit us tomorrow between 10 am and 5 pm.
Individual works of art appearing in the Search Our Fine Art Collection section of this website may be protected by copyright in the United States of America or elsewhere, and may thus not be reproduced in any form without the permission of the copyright owners.