(Italian; Roman, 1871–1958)
Dinamismo di un Cane al Guinzaglio, 1912
oil on canvas
overall: 37 5/8 x 45 1/2 x 2 5/8 inches (95.57 x 115.57 x 6.67 cm)
Bequest of A. Conger Goodyear and Gift of George F. Goodyear, 1964
- signature, dated/lower right, Balla 1912
- inscription/reverse of original canvas, before relining, CANE AL GUINZAGLIO / FUTUR BALLA / VIA OSLAVIA 39 / ROMA
- inscription/reverse, on cardboard backing, PITTOR BALLA / VIA OSLAVIA 39 ROMA / TITOLO CANE AL GUINZAGLIO
- Goodyear, A. Conger (Anson Conger), 1938–1964 (purchased from the artist, 1938; bequeathed jointly to his son, George F. Goodyear, life interest, and Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 1964)
- Goodyear, George F., 1964–December 1984 (inherited life interest from his father, A. Conger Goodyear, 1964; gift of life interest to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, December 1984)
Works on Tour
Please note that many of our most popular works, featured in this summer’s exhibition Sincerely Yours: Treasures of the Queen City, will be on tour through fall 2015. We hope you will come and find your new favorites while these works are out serving as ambassadors for Buffalo!
CALL AHEAD TO CONFIRM
Installation information is subject to change. If you are planning to visit the museum to see a specific work of art, please call us first to confirm that it will be on view.
SEARCH OUR FINE ART COLLECTION
The Albright-Knox has more than 6,500 works in its Collection. Search Our Entire Fine Art Collection