Art’scool “Inspired” Juried Exhibition Contest
As teachers, you know how inspiring the arts can be and that a deep connection exists between the artmaking process and student learning and growth. The Albright-Knox Art Gallery’s Art’scool program helps teachers make those connections. When you take your students on an Art’scool trip to the museum and then create a lesson that supplements their learning, you are eligible to enter the Albright-Knox’s Art’scool “Inspired” contest.
This annual contest encourages teachers to connect their museum visits to additional learning and artmaking experiences in their classrooms that further their students’ understanding and growth. Lessons should be inspired by works on view in the museum’s Collection or special exhibitions, support cross-curriculum learning, and be created for students from grades K through 12. The teachers of the winning lessons will receive cash support for their schools’ art programs from the Albright-Knox and BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York.
- Plan your students’ Art’scool visit and its connections to your curriculum.
- Visit the Albright-Knox with your class through our Art’scool program between April 28, 2014, and March 31, 2015.
- Submit digital documentation of your project, including student work, between September 1, 2014, and May 8, 2015. Application Form
Winners will be selected and notified by May 18, 2015. All entries will be on view in an online exhibition beginning May 28, 2015. Winning entries will be exhibited at the Albright-Knox from May 28 through June 21, 2015.
- Grades K–5: 1st prize, $1,500; 2nd Prize, $750; 3rd Prize, $500; two honorable mentions, $250
- Grades 6–8: 1st prize, $1,500; 2nd Prize, $750; 3rd Prize, $500; two honorable mentions, $250
- Grades 9–12: 1st prize, $1,500; 2nd Prize, $750; 3rd Prize, $500; two honorable mentions, $250
- All public schools, charter schools, private schools, and homeschools are eligible.
- The class that visited must have participated in the creation of the submitted work.
- The project must have a clear connection to artwork in the museum’s Collection or artwork in an exhibition the students saw at the museum.
- The project must make connections with another curriculum area besides the visual arts.
- There are no restrictions on media—be creative!
- Whole class or whole school submissions are welcome.
- Winning monies must be used to support your school’s art program.
- Entries will close at midnight on May 8, 2015, and can be submitted digitally between September 1, 2014 and May 8, 2015.
The Art’scool “Inspired” contest and exhibition are presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York.
Art'scool is a free school tour program designed to create the critical and creative thinkers of tomorrow. Learn More
The Albright-Knox Education team has developed lesson plans that correspond to the museum’s Collection and special exhibitions.
View Lesson Plans