Art’scool “Inspired” Juried Exhibition Contest
As teachers you know how inspiring the arts can be and that a deep connection exists between the artmaking process and student learning and growth. The Albright-Knox’s Art’scool program helps teachers to make those connections. When you take your students on an Art’scool trip to the museum and then create a lesson that supplements the learning they gained or experienced, you are eligible to enter the Albright-Knox’s “Inspired” contest.
This annual contest encourages teachers to connect their museum visit to additional learning and artmaking experiences in their own classrooms to further the understanding and growth of their students. Lessons can reflect inspiration from works viewed in the museum’s Collection or on view in exhibitions, support cross-curriculum learning, and can be created for students from grades K–12. The winning lessons will receive cash support for your school’s art program from the Albright-Knox and BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
- Plan your students’ Art’scool visit and its connections to your curriculum.
- Visit the museum with your class through our Art’scool program between April 1, 2015, and March 31, 2016.
- Submit digital documentation of your project, including student work, between September 1, 2015, and May 2, 2016.
Winners will be selected and notified by May 12, 2016. All entries will be on view in an online exhibition beginning May 26, 2016. Winning entries will be exhibited at the Albright-Knox from May 26 through June 19, 2016.
- Grades K–5: 1st prize, $1,500; 2nd Prize, $750; 3rd Prize, $500; two honorable mentions, $250
- Grades 6–8: 1st prize, $1,500; 2nd Prize, $750; 3rd Prize, $500; two honorable mentions, $250
- Grades 9–12: 1st prize, $1,500; 2nd Prize, $750; 3rd Prize, $500; two honorable mentions, $250
- All public schools, charter schools, private schools, and homeschools are eligible.
- The class that visited must have participated in the creation of the submitted work.
- The project must have a clear connection to artwork in the AK’s Collection or artwork in an exhibition the students saw at the museum.
- The project must make connections with another curriculum area besides the visual arts.
- There are no restrictions on media—be creative!
- Whole class or whole school submissions are welcome.
- Winning monies must be used to support your school’s art program.
- Entries will close at midnight on May 2, 2016, and can be submitted digitally between September 1, 2015 and May 2, 2016.
The Art’scool program is presented by BlueCross Blue Shield of Western New York, with additional support provided by KeyBank, the Robert J. & Martha B. Fierle Foundation, and Karen and Richard Penfold.
Art'scool is a free school tour program designed to create the critical and creative thinkers of tomorrow. Learn More
The Albright-Knox Education team has developed lesson plans that correspond to the museum’s Collection and special exhibitions.
View Lesson Plans