Art'scool Inspired Contest
The Albright-Knox Art Gallery and BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York invite you to be “Inspired.”
Visit the Albright-Knox with your class through the BlueCross BlueShield Art’scool program, create works of your own inspired by your visit, and enter the Art’scool "Inspired" Juried Exhibition for a chance to win support for your school’s art program.
- Plan your class visit to the Albright-Knox through Art’scool.
- Visit with your students between May 1, 2013, and April 27, 2014.
- Develop a lesson plan inspired by a work or works at the Albright-Knox that connects to your curriculum and lead your class in the creation of that work.
- Submit digital documentation of your students’ work(s) to the Albright-Knox between November 1, 2013, and April 27, 2014.
Winners will be notified on May 6, 2014.
Winning entries will be exhibited at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery from May 16 to June 15, 2014.
All entries will be part of an online exhibition debuting on the museum’s website on May 8, 2014.
Prizes will be offered in three categories:
Grades K-5; Grades 6-8; and Grades 9-12
Each category will offer the following prizes:
First Prize: $1500
Second Prize: $750
Third Prize: $500
Honorable mentions (two): $250 each
- All classes that have visited the Albright-Knox through the Art’scool program between May 1, 2013, and April 27, 2014, are eligible to enter.
- The visiting class must have participated in the creation of the submitted work.
- The submitted work must have a clear connection to artwork in the museum’s Collection or artwork in an exhibition the students viewed while visiting the museum.
- The submitted work must make connections with a second curriculum area in addition to the visual arts.
- There are no restrictions on the media used to create the submitted work.
- Whole class or whole school submissions are welcome.
- Winning monies must be used to support your school’s art program.
- Entries must be submitted digitally between November 1, 2013, and April 27, 2014.
The deadline for entry submissions is Sunday, April 27, 2014.
To enter, please fill out the online entry form.
Above: Jaume Plensa (Spanish, born 1955). Laura, 2012. Marble, lead, and stainless steel, 240 x 72 x 96 inches (609.6 x 182.9 x 243.8 cm). Collection Albright-Knox Art Gallery, George B. and Jenny R. Mathews Fund, by exchange, 2012. © 2012 Jaume Plensa. Photograph by Tom Loonan.
Art'scool is a free school tour program designed to create the critical and creative thinkers of tomorrow. Learn More
The Albright-Knox Education team has developed lesson plans that correspond to the museum’s Collection and special exhibitions.
View Lesson Plans