Art'scool Inspired Contest 2013
How many times have your students made it clear to you that artmaking and learning are deeply connected? The second annual Art’scool "Inspired" contest is your chance to prove it. You could win cash support for your school’s art program from the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York.
Short on time? Use our lesson plan Bundle Up! Thinking in Three Dimensions to generate a lesson for your students. We’ve identified the New York State Common Core Standards for Learning, Standards for College and Career Readiness (CCR) for you.
Bonus! As a gift to you for entering "Inspired," BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York and the Albright-Knox are pleased to send you a complimentary copy of the Gallery's new Highlights of the Collection book.
- Plan your students’ Art’scool visit and its connections to your curriculum.
- Visit the Gallery with your class through our Art’scool program between September 4, 2012, and April 19, 2013.
- Submit your completed entry form and digital documentation of your students' artwork between September 4, 2012, and April 19, 2013.
- Complete the online entry form
- Submit digital documentation of your students' artwork through the Gallery's digital dropbox at http://dropbox.yousendit.com/albright-knox. Please put "Inspired Contest" in the subject field. (We are unable to accept documentation of artwork via email due to size constraints.
- Photographs must be in .JPG format. (Each .JPG should be captured by a 2+ megapixel camera. Please set camera for “fine” or “extra fine” resolution, not “web” or “normal.”) Each .JPG file must be at least 1500 x 2100 pixels at 300 dpi and should be no larger than 6 MB.
- Videos must be in .WMV or .MOV format and should be no longer than 15 minutes.
Winners will be selected and notified in late April/early May 2013.
All entries will be on view in an online exhibition beginning in May 2013. Winning entries will be on view at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery in the special exhibition Inspired, from Thursday, May 16, through Sunday, June 9, 2013.
Cash prizes to be awarded:
- Grades K–5: 1st prize, $1,200; 2nd Prize, $650; 3rd Prize, $300; two honorable mentions, $150
- Grades 6–8: 1st prize, $1,200; 2nd Prize, $650; 3rd Prize, $300; two honorable mentions, $150
- Grades 9–12: 1st prize, $1,200; 2nd Prize, $650; 3rd Prize, $300; two honorable mentions, $150
- Bundle Up! Thinking in Three Dimensions (Grades K–12): 1st prize, $1,200; 2nd Prize, $650; 3rd Prize, $300; two honorable mentions, $150
- All public schools, charter schools, private schools, and homeschools are eligible.
- The class that visited must have participated in the creation of the submitted work.
- The project must have a clear connection to artwork in the Gallery’s Collection or artwork in an exhibition the students saw at the Gallery.
- The project must make connections with another curriculum area besides the visual arts.
- There are no restrictions on media—be creative! Documentation of permanent school murals or other on-site creations are eligible.
- Whole class or whole school entries are welcome.
- Winning monies must be used to support your school’s art program.
- Entries will close at midnight on April 19, 2013, and can be submitted digitally between September 4, 2012, and April 19, 2013.
Art'scool is a free school tour program designed to create the critical and creative thinkers of tomorrow. Learn More
The Albright-Knox Education team has developed lesson plans that correspond to the Gallery’s Collection and special exhibitions.
View Lesson Plans