Self-Guided School Tours
For Grades 3–12 and College Groups
Teachers and chaperones may guide groups of students through the museum independently during museum hours. Unguided groups must be between twelve and sixty people and must follow the Museum Guidelines and Chaperone Guidelines.
Group Admission (Per Person)
Adults - $8
Students, 13 and up - $6
Students, 12 and under - $2
Chaperones - $2 (applies to one chaperone for every twelve children)
Members - FREE
Payment in one lump sum by check, credit card, or cash is required upon entry into the museum. The museum does not accept purchase orders. Parking rates also apply.
Group Size and Chaperone Policies
- The maximum number of students admitted to the museum at once is sixty; groups of more than sixty students may visit the museum in shifts.
- Please divide your group into several smaller groups of twelve students each, with a dedicated chaperone. School groups will be admitted to the museum ONLY if they have the requisite number of chaperones: one adult per twelve students is required for grades 3 through 12.
- No student may tour the museum un-chaperoned. Students must remain in their group and accompanied by their chaperone AT ALL TIMES. Chaperones must remain with their group throughout the duration of their visit and are responsible for the group’s behavior.
Schedule Your Tour
Reservations must be made fourteen days prior to the day of your visit for grades 3–12. Reservations for college groups are strongly encouraged. To make a reservation, please complete the Tour AK Request Form.
For more information, or for any questions you may have, please contact 716.270.8296, or email@example.com. Communication by email is preferred and will facilitate a timely response.
Please have the following information available when you call or email:
- School name, address, school district, and contact information
- Potential visit dates and times (View Museum Hours)
- Number of students and chaperones attending
- Grade level of students
A tour confirmation letter will be sent to you upon scheduling a tour.
Please note: Teachers of pre-K students are not eligible for self-guided tours. Museum-trained docents will be made available to pre-K groups of no more than twelve students each at no extra cost. Teachers of students in grades K through 2 can schedule a guided tour through the Art'scool program.
- Before entering the museum, please divide your group into smaller groups of no more than twelve students each. At least one adult chaperone must accompany each group of students.
- You will only be allowed entrance to the museum fifteen minutes prior to your visit.
Other Important Information
- There are no luncheon facilities for school groups.
- Chaperones must stay with their individual groups.
- Please review Museum Guidelines and Chaperone Guidelines with your chaperones. Chaperones can enhance the success of the tour, and the amount of learning that can take place by showing active interest in the works of art along with supervising student behavior. When students see adults interested and engaged, they are more likely to respond themselves. We ask that chaperones refrain from chatting among themselves or wandering off, and that cell phones be turned off during the visit.
Resources for Your Visit
Request a Tour
To schedule a tour, please fill out our Tour AK Request Form.
The Albright-Knox Education team has developed lesson plans that correspond to the museum’s Collection and special exhibitions.
View Lesson Plans