Help Us Celebrate Founders' Week!
December 3, 2012
In celebration of our 150th anniversary—and our official birthday on December 4—the Albright-Knox is offering free admission, extended hours, and special events from December 4 through 7.
We'll be open FREE from 10 am to 7 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and from 10 am to 10 pm on Friday.
Visit us this week to:
- Join focus talks on German Expressionism, Surrealism, and Abstract Expressionism with Curator of Education Mariann Smith
- Tour the Collection with Associate Curator of Education Nancy Spector
- Enjoy happy hours with music by Handsome Dan, Projex, and George Kane and Wayne Moose
- Celebrate the debut of Eric and Heather ChanSchatz's Universals Albright-Knox 150 with a special talk by the artists
- View the special exhibitions Universals Albright-Knox 150 and Color 150, both created with the participation of community members
- Participate in a full lineup of activities on M&T FIRST FRIDAYS @ THE GALLERY, including a special performance by The Albrights
As another nod to our founders, we're offering $10 off any Albright-Knox membership during Founders' Week. (Annual memberships cost $10 when the Gallery opened in 1862.) Stop by the Gallery’s Guest Services Station or purchase your membership online.
Founders’ Week is presented by M&T Bank and supported by West Herr.