Skip to Main Content

Screenshot of Dellwood Elevator Company on the Albright-Knox Art Gallery's Historypin channel

Historypin: Dellwood Warehouse & Elevator Company

Former Location: St. Clair Street

August 22, 2016

The original Dellwood Elevator was constructed in 1916. It was designed by architect H. R. Wait and engineered by Monarch Engineering Company. The Dellwood was the only known elevator in Buffalo that utilized both the variable coursing of non-round bars and the use of square reinforcing bars in the main grain bin. The Dellwood is one of two substantial elevator complexes in Buffalo to have been demolished. 

Dellwood Elevator & Warehouse Company. Image courtesy of the Albright-Knox Art Gallery's Digital Assets Collection and Archives, Buffalo, New York.

Back to Top