On December 9, 1968, the Albright-Knox hosted a Members’ Preview for African and Afro-American Art: The Transatlantic Tradition.
We’ve dug up some photos of the famous horror film actor Vincent Price visiting the Albright-Knox on October 18, 1963.
On July 4, 1976, the Albright-Knox was the place to be. Albright-Knox Curator Linda Cathcart organized Four for the Fourth, a dynamic program in which four artists—Diane Bertolo, Joan Jonas, Hannah Wilke, and Jackie Winsor—created work in the presence of the public on the museum’s grounds, actively encouraging audience participation.
Selected materials from the opening of the BFAA in 1862 and from early Albright Art Gallery exhibitions can be seen on our Flickr page.
The 1962 addition to the Albright Art Gallery was designed by Gordon Bunshaft, one of the most influential architects of the twentieth century. Standing in quiet contrast to the museum’s Greek Revivalist 1905 Building, Bunshaft’s modernist addition was unquestionably new and turned quite a few heads at the time of its completion.
Through the generous support of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), the Albright-Knox Art Gallery has begun a two-year project that will make information about the museum’s Collection more accessible to staff, visitors, and researchers.