In this program, high school juniors and seniors will focus on learning about museum education while creating their own activities, lessons, and programs for all ages. The program culminates in an evening programed by the Museum Ambassadors geared toward teens and open to the public.
Museum Ambassadors will:
- Meet with curators to learn about exhibitions
- Meet with other staff members to learn about museum careers
- Connect with Learning and Creativity staff members and get training on how to teach from artworks and develop programs
- Assist with Family Funday
- Develop and facilitate Drop-in Art Activities and Storytime Family Workshops
- Develop and lead Family Fun Tours
- Create one large evening program inspired by the exhibition on view at Albright-Knox Northland
This program is open to all Western New York high school juniors and seniors and will take place from February 9 through June 3, 2022. Meetings will be in-person at Albright-Knox Northland (612 Northland Avenue, Buffalo). Interviews will be conducted virtually.
All Museum Ambassadors must be able to commit to the full work schedule, February 9–June 3, 2022:
- Wednesdays: Weekly meetings, 4–6 pm
- Fridays: Occasional teen/staff events and field trips, to be determined
- Weekends: Occasional family events and pop-up talks, (March 13, April 10, May 8, and others to be determined)
- Culminating event: Friday, June 3, 2022
How to Apply
- Submit an online application, including an essay and a resume.
- Ask two teachers/mentors to submit recommendations online.
All applications and recommendations must be received by Monday, January 3, 2022.
Questions? Email Teen and Youth Programs Coordinator Samantha Serrano at email@example.com.