- What is the first thing you notice about this work of art? Does it remind you of anything?
- Take note of the shadow that is created on the wall along this work. Do you think it adds to the piece?
- What if the work was flat against the wall? Would it look/feel the same to you?
- What if the work was not black and white? Would it have the same effect? Why or why not?
- Cardboard (cut into a square)
- Pushpins (If available)
- Mark-making tools (markers, colored pencils, pens, etc.)
- Large sheet of paper (any kind, but a tad thicker would be beneficial) or a bunch of smaller pieces
- Wine (or any drink of choice)
1. Begin with a large sheet of paper and write or draw anything that comes to mind with a pen or marker. (If you don’t have large sheets at home, a bunch of smaller pieces would work as well.) Perhaps during this stressful period, you can journal your current thoughts, worries, and feelings onto the page. You can choose to only use the color black, or any color that inspires you at the moment.