The house at 173 North Street, known in the exhibition as the William C. Warren House, is located within the Allentown Historic Preservation District and is known as The White Mansion.
Designed by architect George Cary (1859–1945) in the Beaux-Arts Classicist style, the mansion was built in 1895. It was the family home of James Penfield White (1844–1894), Mary Anna White, and their two sons. The house remained in the family until 1937 and was sold to Lilla Derriel, who converted the property into a rooming house. The White Mansion remains an apartment building to this day.
For more historical information, visit the Albright-Knox’s channel on Historypin.