The Walter V. Davidson House was designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright (1867–1959) in the Prairie School architectural style and built in 1908 for Walter V. Davidson.
Davidson was the advertising manager for the Larkin Soap Company. He was introduced to Frank Lloyd Wright by fellow Larkin Soap Company employees Darwin D. Martin and William R. Heath. Wright had previously designed and constructed the Larkin Administration Building, the Darwin D. Martin House, and the William R. Heath House. Davidson left Larkin Soap Company in 1913 to establish the Davidson Shoe Company.
The home, built on a modest budget in comparison to other Wright buildings in Buffalo, was designed to emphasize light and space instead of ornament. The three-bedroom home features many classic Prairie School elements, including strong horizontal lines, overhanging eaves, a sheltering roof, and a central hearth. Unlike the other Wright-designed homes in the area, the windows did not feature art glass.
Additional rooms were added to the home in the 1930s; however, their design remained true to Wright’s original style. The house is still a private home today.