Franklin A. Alberger (1825–1877) was the mayor of Buffalo from 1860 to 1861. Along with his father and brothers, he owned the Alberger Butcher’s shop, a pork packing business located on Franklin and Terrace Streets.
Franklin was married to Katherine Rice of Buffalo, and they resided with their four children at 1686 Main Street on thirteen acres of land bounded by Lafayette, Main, Linwood, and Balcom Streets. The building was constructed circa 1855. On November 8, 1859, Franklin Alberger was elected mayor of Buffalo. In 1861, Alberger was elected New York State Canal Commissioner, and was re-elected for a second term in 1864. In 1877, an otherwise healthy Alberger died of cholera.
For more historical information, visit the Albright-Knox’s channel on Historypin.