The Albright-Knox offers its Auditorium and restaurant for event rentals Tuesday through Sunday from 7 am to 5 pm. The museum is closed on Mondays and our facilities are not available on the first Friday of every month during M&T FIRST FRIDAYS @ THE GALLERY.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate weddings, wedding receptions, religious events, political events, and fundraising events of any nature.
We invite you to visit the museum to view our facilities prior to booking your event. Reservations are accepted up to one year in advance of your event. Museum and AK Café staff will work with you to ensure all your setup, audio/visual, and catering needs are met.
For the safety and comfort of all guests, and to ensure the protection of our collection, the museum applies the following general rules:
- We require three weeks’ notice to schedule any event.
- Events requiring food and beverages must be coordinated through AK Café. Catering costs and rentals are invoiced separately.
- Capacity for event usage may not exceed the following limits: Auditorium: 348; AK Café: 80 for sit-down events, 100 for standing receptions.
- Displays, decorations of any type (balloons, flowers, food, etc.), and/or equipment must be approved in advance. Any decorations or equipment must be transported through the museum under Albright-Knox staff supervision.
- Publicity, including TV and newspaper coverage, must be approved in advance. Any print materials referring to the Albright-Knox must be approved by our Publications department two weeks prior to distribution.
- No hot lights or flashes are permitted in the exhibition areas. Audio and visual needs must be tested and reviewed at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere inside the facility, including the Sculpture Garden.
- The Albright-Knox is committed to the principles of welcoming, sharing, and respect for all. During the event, all requests from Security or other designated museum staff must be obeyed. The Albright-Knox retains the right to order removal of a person, persons, or objects presenting an immediate or potential threat to works of art, the physical plant, or to other persons.
- The Albright-Knox reserves the right to make available museum-related literature to guests of your event.
- While every effort will be made to accommodate you, access to certain areas of the museum may be limited at the time of your function. Please verify prior to booking that the available museum space meets your expectations.
- All entities are required to sign a Facility Rental Contract prior to the event.