In order to ensure the safety of all works of art at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, we ask you to observe the following:
- Please do not touch the artwork or lean on the walls.
- Please view the art at a safe distance—at least three feet away.
- No running or pushing in the museum; please walk slowly and carefully.
- Be respectful to other visitors and guided tours by speaking quietly.
- Photography without flash is encouraged unless otherwise noted. Please photograph the art at a safe distance—at least three feet away. Share your experience with #albrightknox. (More about taking photographs at the museum)
- Use only pencils for taking notes or sketching. Pens and other types of writing implements are not permitted. (Pencils are available at the Admissions Desk or the Guest Services Station.)
- Food, drinks (including bottled water), chewing gum, and e-cigarettes are NOT permitted in the museum.
- All parcels, purses, or bags larger than 11 x 15 x 5 inches in size, all backpacks, baby carriers, umbrellas, and briefcases must be stored in the coat room during your visit. Video cameras, flashes, monopods (including selfie sticks), and tripods are prohibited.
- All items entering and leaving the museum are subject to inspection.
Additional Guidelines for Group Tours
- Please remain with your assigned group at all times.
- Shop AK welcomes one group of chaperoned students at a time. Each group must consist of one chaperone and no more than fifteen students.
- Please leave all backpacks and large purses on the bus.
Thank you for helping us care for our renowned collection of art!
Call Ahead to Confirm
Exhibition and installation information is subject to change. If you are planning to visit the museum to see a specific work of art, please call us first to confirm that it will be on view.