- What does this work of art make you think about?
- How is it different than other artworks you have seen before?
- What would you create on an entire wall?
- Read a book that goes along with this activity: The Dot, Beautiful Oops, The Line, or Harold and the Purple Crayon (most of these books are available as read-aloud videos on YouTube)
- Pencil or pen
Bonus, if you have on hand:
- Markers, colored pencils, crayons
- Paint and brushes
- Really big paper
1. Start by drawing a simple line or shape on a sheet of paper. When you are working, don’t worry about what your picture is going to look like in the end. All you have to do is start moving your pen, pencil, marker, or paint brush on the page.